I've made reading a book a big part of my daily routine and it's an important part of taking care of myself. Life is full, but I still make reading a part of my day everyday. If I wake up early I'll read a chapter before my daughter wakes up and/or I'll read a chapter or two at night in bed. I take my book with me most places and always look for opportunities to get a few pages in. It might be in the waiting room at the doctor's office, sitting in the car while my daughter naps or outside on the porch swing while she plays.
I am always looking for new books to add to my reading list that will help me better myseIf. Better myself as a mom, as a wife, as a business owner and just as an overall better person.
So here are my Top 20 Books that I'm loving right now as a mom, wife and business owner. And I recommend the app Goodreads if you want a place to track your reading. I love this app because I can update my progress on books I'm currently reading, and keep lists of books I've already read and books I want to read.
So here are my top 20 books divided into 3 categories: Parenting & Motherhood, Simplifying Your Life, and Personal Developement & Growth.
Parenting & Motherhood
1. On Becoming Baby Wise: Giving Your Infant the Gift of Nighttime Sleep by Gary Ezzo
2. Simplicity Parenting: Using the Extraordinary Power of Less to Raise Calmer, Happier, and More Secure Kids by Kim John Payne and Lisa M. Ross
3. The Magic of Motherhood: The Good Stuff, the Hard Stuff, and Everything in Between by Ashlee Gadd
4. Raising World Changers in a Changing World by Kristen Welch
5. The Miracle Morning for Parents and Families: How to Bring Out the Best in Your KIDS and Your SELF by Hal Elrod, Honoree Corder, and Mike McCarthy
Simplifying Your Life
6. Chasing Slow: Courage to Journey off the Beaten Path by Erin Loechner
7. Present Over Perfect: Leaving Behind Frantic for a Simpler, More Soulful Way of Living by Shauna Niequist
8. The Fringe Hours: Making Time for You by Jessica N. Turner
9. The More of Less: Finding the Life You Want Under Everything You Own by Joshua Becker
10. Cozy Minimalist Home: More Style, Less Stuff by Myquillyn Smith
11. Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
12. Grace, Not Perfection: Celebrating Simplicity, Embracing Joy by Emily Ley
Self Development and Growth
13. Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies about Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be by Rachel Hollis
14. You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero
15. Everything is Figureoutable by Marie Foleo
16. Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your Life by Henry Cloud and John Townsend
17. The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristole, and Generally Have More Fun
18. You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth by Jen Sincero
19. Profit First: A Simple System to Transform Any Business From A Cash-Eating Monster To A Money-Making Machine by Mike Michalowicz
20. Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear
So what are you currently reading? What are some of your favorites? I'd love to add some to my reading list!