Every great wardrobe starts with the core closet essentials. These pieces are not trendy, just basic essentials that are classic, timeless and never go out of style. Having versatile clothes and shoes in your wardrobe that never go out of style are essential to any wardrobe. Having a wardrobe with core closet essentials that work all year and coordinate with one another is a wardrobe that will really work for you! You'll not only look great and be able to get dressed easily and quickly, but by using these pieces over and over, you will save money too!
These 10 core closet essentials are perfect for any wardrobe.
1. Swing Tank – The swing tank is our new favorite closet staple. The swing tank was created after ByTavi's best selling swing dress. The swing style cut flows away from the body at the waist creating a breathable and flattering fit. Layer it under your denim jacket or cardigans or wear it alone.
2. Essential Cami – We present the perfect camisole that is cozy-soft, moisture-wicking, and comfortable for sensitive skin. A staple for any essential wardrobe, wear under everything from tees to sweaters for an added layer of warmth & support.
3. Solid Basic Tee – A white or black tee will go with so many other pieces in your wardrobe. Choose V-neck or scoop neck. Wear it casual with joggers and sneakers or dress it up with denim and mules. Layer it with a cardigan or denim jacket. So many options!
4. Open Cardi – The layering piece your closet was missing. You’ll love wearing this style of cardigan, especially if you go for a neutral color to get more wear out of it. Go for a length that is a bit longer than your hips but doesn’t go past your knees. You can wear this cardigan with virtually any outfit or dress, making your outfit look complete and adding a little texture to it.
5. Denim Jacket – A denim jacket is a layering staple that looks great on anyone and it adds just the right amount of texture to your outfit. It looks great with a casual tee or layered over a swing dress.
6. Black Leggings – This is an essential basic that everyone loves. Super-soft, high stretch, flexible and comfortable. Need to dress up your look? You can wear them with a swing dress and booties. Need a weekend look? Wear them with a tuinc tee and a pair of flats.
7. Swing Dress – This little swing dress will elevate your style and you’ll look effortless. It's a must-have for every closet. This classic swing design features a scoop neck, long sleeve, and an overall flattering cut for every body type. The versatility of this piece is endless, layer, tie up, add leggings and sweaters. We love to see how this piece takes on the personality of the person who wears it.
8. Denim – This one is a must for everyone.…they are comfortable to wear, they go with everything and they are durable. Denim is a wardrobe staple for lounging at home, running errands and everything in between.
9. Cognac Mules or Loafers – The neutral color, paired with the easy-wearing style is a great combo that looks good with everything from leggings to dresses to jeans.
10. Graphic Tee - Add a little personality to your essentials with a graphic tee that will go with so many other pieces in your wardrobe. Wear it casual with joggers and sneakers or dress it up with denim and mules. Layer it with a cardigan or denim jacket.